09 November 2006

A picture is worth 10,000 words

Frankly, I am a little disappointed in van nasty right now. We spent a lot of quality time together over this past weekend at the wedding of my sister-in-law, bonding over such topics as "Hooking up with the groom; Yesyes or Nono?" and the relative merits of gin and tonic as a rehydration tool.

But there is nothing--not one single thing--in her blog about this experience.

Anyway. I have, for your viewing pleasure (not you, Haley, you're dead to me), the following two images.

The Bride Was Not Stressed. Not Even One Little Bit.






Words cannot convey how much I love this picture. It is magnificent. It is, by my estimation, the best. bridal. portrait. ever.

Ever.

And if that is the best picture of a bride, then surely this is an excellent companion piece.

And, Another Thing...





The woman in brown (who is NOT, I assure you, NOT lecturing the groom in any manner what-so-ever)(ahem) is my mother-in-law. Who never lectures and is, by every estimation, a withering flower who would never dream of sharing her opinion.

Pardon me while I step aside and wait for the lightening to strike.

Actually, I am told that they were having a perfectly lovely conversation and this picture is simply the result of odd timing on the part of the photographer. And that's the story I'm sticking to because, yo, Christmas is coming and I have a list.




Okay. Okay. To be fair, both of these pictures are anomolies. The day was lovely and everyone was happy. Espcially my husband (brother to the bride), whom we have re-christened Jose [as in Cuervo].

But. Damn, I love that picture of the bride.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pictures of the bridesmaid, please. No, the tall one.

ecileh said...

Actually, I am in that second one.

That gargantuan arm by the guy in the blue shirt is mine. :)

van nasty said...

oh holy crap those are funny pictures, and youre right i do suck! but i figured most of our conversations werent necessarily appropriate should other wedding guests read them. and we did end up coming up on the right side of the "hooking up with the groom" debate. the groomsmen, however, were still up for grabs...

Unknown said...

In my defense, my brother, no not jose, the other one, was, as usual IN MY WAY.