19 September 2006

Experimental Blogging is the Wave of the Future

I have this idea. I have this idea to write a blog that is suitable for consumption by my family and non-weirdo friends. (It's true, I do have some friends that are not weird.)(Well. They're not weird weird like my online friends are weird, anyway.)

So this is that blog. I called it fifty-two pick up because part of the plan is to write a post a week for the 35th year of my life. Also, there is the ridiculous card game of the same name, which my cousin Jeff tricked me into playing at least five times during my youth. It seems likely that Jeff will make at least one appearance in this weekly chronicle. But, if not, he can rest assured in the knowledge that I named my blog after one of the many ways he used to torture me as a child.

Technically, this blog isn't supposed to be happening until I turn 35 in two weeks. Um. One week. Whatever. But here I am. And there you are.

And here is a picture of my dog, Harper. He is sure to be a regular here. He does not usually have clothes on. I am not one of those people who dresses their dogs.

Well. Except for sometimes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I brought your present in to show it off at work today and everyone wants it. FYI, I am *much* happier with how it came out this time.

Hmmm...do I have to come back here to see if anyone comments on my comment? And it's interesting that my comment must be approved...Tricky, aren't you?